Green Belt is in two parts and follows on from the one day Yellow Belt training.
Part 1 is a further three-day course in Lean or Lean Six Sigma to practitioner level
Team members/leaders/supervisors/project and business unit managers that have attended the Yellow Belt course and are looking to complete a process improvement assignment.
Yellow Belt trained – ideally certified. An in-house process that needs fixing!
What’s included in Part 1
Lean Green Belts use the Plan Do Check Act (PDCA) roadmap and Lean Six Sigma Green Belts use the Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, Control roadmap (DMAIC) to:
- Create an effective project contract
- Increase the probability of project buy-in
- Establish customer high level needs
- Use mapping techniques to record and propose improvements
- Collect basic data and estimate the existing process capability
- Identify sources of variation
- Establish the root cause of issues and propose solutions
- Test and implement solutions
- Set up control features to quantify the improvements and sustain the gains