Who’s it for
The Upgrade to Lean Green Belt course is aimed at Team members/leaders/ supervisors/project and business unit managers who are Lean Yellow Belt certified and seeking to go to the next pathway level which is Lean Green Belt.
Learning pathway position
The overall suite of online groups of courses provide two learning pathways :
- Lean provides an emphasis on hands-on intuitive process improvement
- Lean Six Sigma adds a comprehensive set of diagnostic tools for deeper analysis
Start your journey with a main course shown by the blue arrows. Your starting place will depend on your requirements and prior experience/knowledge.
You can upgrade between belts or convert from Lean to Lean Six Sigma (using the black arrows) if required in the future.
What’s covered in the Upgrade to Lean Green Belt?
Introduction Six Sigma principles
Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, Control (DMAIC) roadmap
Lean toolkit bundle of 14 courses including: Project Charters, SIPOC mapping, Value Stream Mapping, Pareto Charts, Work Levelling and Load Balancing, Rapid Changeover techniques (SMED), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Error Proofing, Process Control, Process Capability, Kanban and Material Management, Process Control Plans and Control Charts
Lean Green Belt exercises, templates, source references and videos.
How long have you got?
Candidates have 3 months to complete the online training courses and a further 3 months (total 6 months) to apply for certification.
What does the training deliver?
On completion of the Upgrade to Lean Green Belt to build onto the Lean Yellow Belt online group of courses candidates will:
- Understand the fundamentals of Lean and Six Sigma and how this can be applied to ‘real world’ examples
- How to navigate through assignments using the roadmap Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, Control (DMAIC)
- A practical understanding of the key roadmap topics and tools including:
- How to scope, project manage using gate reviews and raise an effective project contract
- Change acceptance techniques to ensure the project has buy-in
- Recognising both internal and external Customer high level needs
- Mapping techniques to record and propose improvements to the current state
- Using data to provide tangible measurements
- Establishment of the current capability of the process
- How to identify issues
- Prioritising the key inputs and getting to the root cause
- Developing solutions that have a line of sight back to the customer requirements
- Performing tests and trials to evaluate your solutions
- Applying controls to sustain your improvements
- Achieve certification by completion of the all the required elements and become a certified Lean Green Belt in eliminating waste and improving flow
Estimated effort – 18.5 hrs including exercises
What do you need before starting
Certify as a Lean Yellow Belt (if you have studied and practised to Lean Yellow Belt with another provider this may be acceptable – please contact us to check)
- Complete the pre-reading
Personal login credentials. The courses are self paced narrated powerpoint videos. Downloadable pdf booklet of the course material with typically 3 slides to a page. Other resources such as additional videos, templates and files. Course test exercises. 6 month email access to a lean six sigma coach. A certificate on completion of the course requirements.
Completion rules and how to certify as a Lean Green Belt
Candidates will qualify for a Lean Green Belt certificate by:
- Completing the Lean Green Belt course training courses and exercise tests.
- Submitting an individual assignment based on :
a) A provided case study process improvement project to show knowledge and application of lean tools and the DMAIC roadmap or
b) An appropriate process improvement project of your choosing that demonstrates your knowledge and application of lean tools and the DMAIC roadmap
About Lean 6 Sigma Ltd, New Zealand – Chris Reed and Hannah Reed
We formed the training consultancy Lean6Sigma in 2009 to help individuals and companies build their process improvement capability.
Chris is a certified Master Black Belt and Change Practitioner and an accomplished trainer and coach and Hannah is a Green Belt process improvement coach.
We have an extensive range of New Zealand clients in both service and operational sectors and have completed a wide range of process improvement projects with over 2500 trained candidates – see our website for more details www.lean6sigma.co.nz